Underwater Photography – tips and techniques
- Using strobes underwater
The Fisheye lens, an underwater wreck photographer’s best friend. It’s also a useful tool when shooting in low visibility.
Underwater Photography – Gozo Diving Sites
I’ve created an index to the main Gozo Diving sites with extra tips about the options for underwater photography at each site.
Gozo offers a wide range of shore diving around the island and it is easy to find shallow bays where you can extend your dive time and get more opportunity to practice your underwater photography skills.
There are also some deep underwater cliff faces close to the shore which combined with the great visibility encourage the underwater photographer to shoot wide and play with the available light.
Underwater Photography – Compact Cameras: The Pros and Cons.
Underwater Photography – Housed DSLR
Is it worth spending money on a housed digital SLR camera or will a cheaper compact camera in a housing be enough?
Underwater Photography – Available Light
Find out how to shoot using available light underwater, but get the colours right. What filters are useful, how to cope with white balance, and what post processing techniques can improve the image.
Underwater Photography – Photographing People
- What are best ways to compose the shot.
- How to use the negative space around the person.
- How to handle skin tones.
- Tips on arranging dive gear for better images.
- How to direct a model and correct body position
- What equipment is better for people shots.
- Sample photos with tech details and descriptions.
Underwater Photography – Marine Wildlife
- How to approach your subject.
- What are the best camera angles.
- What do you need to think know about body position.
- Lighting tips and techniques
- Sample photos with tech details and descriptions
And one wee article on Copyright Infringement
Scuba Diving Holidays in Gozo – other resources
You may want to check out the regulations for scuba diving holidays on the official Professional Diving Schools Association – Malta website.